The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too much Spam and Mail Delivery messages

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by svt11, Nov 27, 2014.

1. svt11

svt11 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi, I work one hotel. There is administration with cpanel, but this is not so much important. Problem is that we receive too much spam. We access e-mail with Thunderbird and IMAP with SSL. Somebody explained me, that this could from all those IMAP requests and also Thunderbird, which he said is buggy and poorly developed. I'm planning to transfer mailboxes to Outlook 2013 using POP3, but don't know will this be enough? Configuring SPAM filters by domain I think will be problematic, because we might exclude hotel guests e-mails. I plan for some kind of content filtering. E-mails from last 1-2 years are important and we want to archive them. If I use POP3, I must configure some server for backup of all those messages somewhere, because they will be stored on the local computers. Is there any solution to backup them periodically? Thank you.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

1. SpamAssassin is really your best option if you do not have root access to the server. You can enable the "Spam Box" feature so that SPAM is delivered to a "spam" folder instead of being deleted.

2. You may find the email archiving feature helpful:

Email Archiving

Thank you.