The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top process cpanellogd causing downtime

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davidjp, Jul 11, 2007.

1. davidjp

davidjp Registered

I got a downtime with my dedicated server today.After server rebooted and came up,I checked on WHM and found that the top process(Top Process %CPU 65.3 cpanellogd - updating bandwidth for XXXXXXX ) was causing high CPU usage.During the downtime I can ping the server ip address and got reply from it,but I can't log on WHM or load my site.So i think the top process was causing the downtime. But I had disabled statistics package under "tweak settings" menu of WHM and disabled "webalizer awstats analog" under "Statistics Software Configuration " menu of WHM.Due to this top process,I now disabled eximstats from running on the server. Most likely this was re-enabled after a recent cpanel update.I don't know what to do now.Does anyone know how to tackle this kind of issue?
    Thanks.

#1 davidjp, Jul 11, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  2. RegDCP

RegDCP Member

The last cPanel update caused a lot of problems.
    My server had been running fine, was dealing with loads quite well, and no problems with stats.

Once the update hit, the server started timing out, pages and sites with MySQL databases took eons to load, failure notices came in every hour or so, email was often not accessible giving log in errors, WHM login went into loops asking for login information, and frequent reboots were needed.

After trying a lot of things, I had the server upgraded to a faster processor and doubled the ram, which solved those problems..

I am still having problems with AwStats not showing in cPanel.
    The stats are running but the option to select them for viewing is missing from the cPanel screens.

Any ideas?

Reg

3. justin_louis

justin_louis Registered

I too have the same problem.
    Its not all users that actually clog the server. For me, on observing closely, i could see that its just selected users for whom the stats takes up too much load.

So its not releted to any libraries, or server wide settings. But i could not figure out any difference from the domlogs file ownership and permission too. It looks all good !!!

I am wondering what else can i check now.

I had tried runweblogs too for such users, but it show up "an error occurred while processing this directive" but then on shows up "Complete"

Any ideas !!! ?