The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total Noob.......... [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ashtalon, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Ashtalon

Ashtalon Registered

Total Noob..........

hello, my friend got this service for our online gamming community and i was put in charge of making the website. i have a background in design and html coding but i have NO idea on how to publish.... everytime i think i do it, i still have this stupid www.go-daddy.com thing as my webpage, and its really getting on my nerves. our site is www.tetra-grammaton.com if you need reference haha! please help me! i searched the forums but didnt find much... in the 5 minutes i looked... hehe... but anyway i have a page that i need to post asap, all it is, is a "comming soon" thing with cool graphics, so again, i need help publishing the site. i tired to publish on FrontPage because we have FrontPage extensions, but i dont know what address to put in the thing.

Thank You So Much for Your Time

2. KMK Enterprises

KMK Enterprises Well-Known Member

First of all, in order to POINT your domain in the direction of your new site, you must change the nameservers listed at your registrar (GoDaddy.com) to point to the nameservers of your new host.

All pages you want to be publically viewable, should be uploaded to your public_html folder on the server.

Your host should have provided you with an IP address, a username and password. You can use those to access the server for uploading until you get things changed at GoDaddy.

Your site should be temporarily viewable at: http://IPADDRESS/~username/ until then as well (p.s. don't forget the trailing slash).

3. Ashtalon

Ashtalon Registered

ahhh... okay thanks... i really appreciate it :)