The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Totally replace WHM with a customer solution?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by electric, Aug 13, 2007.

1. electric

electric Well-Known Member

Have a quick read through this announcement:

http://www.hostsearch.com/news/hostnine_llc_news_6226.asp

:cool:

That's cool. It would be fantastic if one WHM account was able to manage cpanel accounts on multiple servers.

I wonder what this software looks like and how it works. Is cpanel planning to build something similar?

2. Andrew11

Andrew11 Member

Yes, I would love if cPanel did something like this. I would be very happy with cPanel. If they build something like this. I would be at least shocked by my very eyes. I wouldnt believe it. I am sure cPanel will get lots of more licenses if they build something like this.

Come on cPanel. Take this into feature for cPanel 12

3. wsenter

wsenter Well-Known Member

In theory this does sound pretty good. However there are some major components of WHM that would have to be re-written. I'm specifically referring to functions that perform actions based upon the accounts user name. It would be nice to have but lets all agree that it would just be a massive undertaking. We are seriously talking about basically rewriting WHM here.

We could as a community though work to start building our own. What do you feel would be the 5 most important (or coolest features) of said centralized control panel?

4. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cPanel 12 will focus on clustering and centralized management of multiple servers. It was discussed at this year's seminar (plug plug). The extent of the feature set is not yet fleshed out.

5. rachweb

rachweb Well-Known Member

is this also for apache, ftp?

6. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    As I mentioned in my comment, the feature set is not yet fleshed out. Once we know which services we will target, that information will become available. Nor do we know exactly how the implementation will occur. This is in the early stages of design.

7. deanstev

deanstev Well-Known Member

I've just completed a 24hour evaluation, to see if it would be what I wanted. In the end it wasn't, so I've taken advantage of the money-back guarantee (minus the domain name that I opted to get).

http://forums.hostnine.com/showthread.php?t=771

8. rmr

rmr Registered

Is anybody able to build a customization like this where one would have a selection of different servers when creating your account in the WHM of a Reseller or, from a central control panel.

This would be great when having multiple servers that run a range of setups, particular for the customer.

If there is anybody that is able to do this, please urgently PM your details.

9. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There's a package available that does that called "WHMCS" - see www.whmcs.com. It's cheap too, but very full featured, and also does a ticket system and billing, if you want.