The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track email sent

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jameshsi, Aug 4, 2004.

1. jameshsi

jameshsi Well-Known Member

Hi!
    Is there a way to track emails sent for a perticular domain ?

I need this function cause I try to let some clients can monitor their staff if they sending company's important data out of company.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

It depends what you want to track. Do you just want from/to addresses or do you want to go all the way and have copies of the emails silently redirected to a specific email address?

3. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

And don't forget that while you may be able to provide this added level of security on your webserver, your clients need to take the appropriate steps to secure their sensitive information at their physical location.

IOW (at least), all outbound email must only be able to go through your server, employees of your client should not have the ability to transport media off-site without prior approval and, of course, your client should be utilizing appropriate security services to ensure reliabilty of their employees.

I spent a considerable portion of my miltary career dealing with security of highly sensitive materials. Merely securing data processing systems is not sufficient to prevent theft/diversion of sensitive materials.

4. jameshsi

jameshsi Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you but sometimes clients just want that function and don't care if it is REAL works in real world. Their boss just want a little bit safty feeling, haha.

What I need is my client can use IMAP to login to a special mail box stored all the emails sent by his employees and he check it from time to time, and this box better be empty every sunday (maybe by crontab) to avoid too dam large.