The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tranfering Accounts - /tmp filling up & /pubic_html is blank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tmellon, Sep 6, 2005.

1. tmellon

tmellon Well-Known Member

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out.

I'm in the process of transfering accounts from one server to another (via whm). But I'm having problems. (I don't have root access to this particular server so I can't just package everything up - only to the transfering to server).

When an account is "successfully" transfered, the accounts on the new server is actually empty (nothing in /public_html). That's what happens to the small accounts < 10-50mb.

But the larger (100mb accounts), seem to either timeout, or fill up the /tmp directory on the server I'm transfering from.

tmp is partitioned at 242mb

Have one have any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. tmellon

Also...

Unfortunately, I don't have root access to the server where the /tmp problems are (to resize the /tmp partition).

What's odd, is that these files were originally transfered from a server with the same size /tmp partition (and that was 2 weeks ago -- the problemed server was a temp server). And none of the same accounts had the same problem (nor did the other server have a problems with the tmp part.).

Its weird...

3. tmellon

nevermind - not it working - did everything via backups in cpanel, and then ftping them onto the new server.