The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer Account - Error grabbing mysql dbs

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by dsgro, Mar 15, 2010.

1. dsgro

dsgro Registered

I am attempting to transfer some accounts from one webhost to another. I have the root password for both servers. Most of the accounts copy just fine, however I am getting this error during the transfer process for the others.

Not sure if it matters but I am using the skip home dir option because it is a large account. I have replaced some of the output with *
    s to avoid using real database names. I am using the root password, not the acocunt password when doing the transfer.

Copy userdata............
    Copy custom virtualhost templates............
    Done
    Copying mailman lists....Done
    Copying mailman archives....Done

Grabbing mysql dbs........c*****c_banners c*****c_phpfox c****c_phpfox: mysqldump: Got error: 1033: Incorrect information in file: './c*****c_phpfox/upl_web_chat_admin_rooms.frm' when using LOCK TABLES

2. MPowers

MPowers Registered

Simliar issue

I am also having a similar issue I think. It's a pretty big database (1 GBish) could that be part of the problem?

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Code:
    mysqldump: Got error: 1033: Incorrect information in file
    The specified error from the mysqldump utility may indicate there is database corruption. I recommend attempting to restore the database from backup. If this is not possible, I would try to use the mysqlcheck utility to perform a basic check and optionally attempt a repair.

Here is an example showing how to perform an extended check a database named "username_testdb" with verbose output:
    Code:
    # mysqlcheck -cev username_testdb
    If the results indicate corruption I recommend restoring from backup and or contacting the upstream service provider for assistance or a qualified database and systems administrator. At one's own risk, it is possible to attempt a repair using the mysqlcheck utility, for additional usage information please refer to the following two commands:
    Code:
    # mysqlcheck --help
    # man mysqlcheck

4. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Do both servers have the same MySQL version?

You could just simply transfer the actual database files instead of doing a database dump and restart MySQL ---- nifty little trick there.

5. mohit

mohit Well-Known Member

thanks "cPanelDon" i came looking for this only.

Let me try to repair the DB and post results here.