The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer Account gets default apache/cpanel page

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by romanus, Jul 23, 2008.

1. romanus

romanus Well-Known Member

Hi,

I transferred an account from another cpanel server. The account had another domain parked on top. Now when I go to the domain I see the default apache/cpanel page, but if I go to the parked domain I get the actual website. I checked httpd.conf and everything looks fine. I checked the dns record and that looks fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2. jvanschaack

jvanschaack Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    First thing I'd tell you is too check and see if you are seeing the correct server.

Use ping or nslookup and see if your computer is seeing the right server. Double check the DNS or name servers are pointing to correct server. Generally if you see the default apache screen it is becuase DNS is not right. (IE you change sites IP and server does not see that site at the IP you are going to)

3. romanus

romanus Well-Known Member

It was the wrong server, I had deleted off of the other server prematurely. One domain name was registered with godaddy and the other with netsol.

The godaddy domain change propagated almost instantly while the netsol one took about 8 hours longer

Thanks for your help