The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transfer account / size of /tmp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tim77, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Tim77

Tim77 Member

Hello,

I have some large accounts to move from one server to the other. These accounts are between 1 and 2 gigs in size. I have already read the procedure outlined in FAQ but do not want to do it that way. I wish to use the transfer function on WHM. I assume the only reason transfer fails on large accounts is due to /tmp filling up. So I have two questions.... If /tmp was larger, would the transfer work properly? Secondly, how can I change the partition and make /tmp larger. Thank you for any help.

2. Pman4228

Pman4228 Registered

I don't have a solution to your question but there might be a way to get around the transfer function. If the two boxes are running the same version of cpanel you might beable to pull one of the backups from one box and transfer it to the other.

All you would need to do after transfering the backup to the new box is place it in the cpanel backup directory. Then after that you would just go to backup and do a restore for that user name.

Just a thought.

3. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

You will not be able to increase the size of /tmp. Instead of doing the transfer from WHM, try it from shell as this is more successful.
    Login to server1 as root :-
    cd /home
    /scripts/pkgacct username

It will create a cpmove-username.tar.gz file. Move it to another server using scp or ftp.

Login to Server2 as root. Copy the .tar.gz file in /home
    cp cpmove-username.tar.gz /home
    /scripts/restorepkg username

This will restore your domain on Server2 completly. As your domain is huge it may take time, so do not intrrupt in between.