The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transfer account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by valtea, Apr 10, 2005.

1. valtea

valtea Member

I have a Cpanel Reseller Account and from the WHM i made a subdomain account for my cleint (alexx.aizawlchat.com) and now he have brought his own domain and want the site to be www.alexxfender.com instead of the old alexx.aizawlchat.com .
    What i did is that i made a new account (with new username/password/domain) for alexxfender.com . Is there anyway to transfer his old account (files and database.. email too, if possible) to the new one. I tried copying the files through shell (logging in my reseller account) but i have no enough access to the files for the subdomain user and the new domain user in shell. What else can i do, other than downloading the entitr site in my hard disk through ftp and uploading it again?
    Thanking you

2. liko28

liko28 Member

it's possible rename domain

3. valtea

valtea Member

i cant find the rename domain thing. Kindly tell me where is it located. is it in the account functions?

4. liko28

liko28 Member

in WHM (2086 or 2087 port) in block account functions --->select voice ---> Modify an Account ---> after select domain that you must to modify ---and modify domain name(old) and if you want too username

#4 liko28, Apr 11, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2005