The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer accounts from server running mySQL 5.1 to server running 5.5

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by kjg, Jun 28, 2012.

1. kjg

kjg Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    Anyone having experience with transferring accounts from a WHM server running mySQL 5.1 to one running 5.5?
    When upgrading a server from 5.1 to 5.5 the mysql upgrade scripts are run, but what happends when transferring in an account from a 5.1 server?

Need to transfer a number of accounts and would appreciate all info about what too look out for.

I have tested with a couple of accounts running Joomla 2.5 and there were no problems as far as I could see.

The servers on both sides are running latest version of WHM release (at moment 11.32.3 - 21).

// kjg

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You should not encounter any problems with the transfer itself. I recommend proceeding with the transfer, but then testing the website and it's database before updating the DNS. There should be no issues unless the script itself is not compatible with MySQL 5.5.

Thank you.

3. kjg

kjg Well-Known Member

Hi
    Thank you for your reply.

We have now transferred some 20 accounts running mysql 5.1 to the server running 5.5 and we have had no problems with the databases. There are some problems with software using deprecated or deleted mysql stuff such as "TYPE=", but other than that it all seems to works fine.

// kjg