Transfer All Accounts and Settings to New Server?

kostianev

Dec 28, 2015
Bulgaria
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Dear, I have WHM/cPanel manager with about 20 site, which are hosted to DigitalOcean. I bought new VPS server on other service with installed WHM/cPanel. How to transfer all data - ns servsers, accounts, dns and etc. to the new WHM panel? I need to transfer all things, not only the cpanel accounts. Because I have own ns servers.

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello,

Can you verify if you have root access to both the source and destination servers? If so, you can utilize "WHM >> Transfer Tool" to migrate accounts and service configurations, as documented at:

Transfer Tool - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

You can also review the information about testing your websites and updating your name servers under the "Minimize Your Downtime" tab on the following document:

cPanel Migration Services and Guides - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello, I have root ssh access both of the servers. Do you offer paid service to do this transfer, because I never do this before?
Hello,

We do not offer migration services unless the source server uses a third-party control panel supported by our "Transfer Tool" feature (e.g. Plesk, DirectAdmin). However, we're happy to answer any questions you have about the transfer process, or help you to troubleshoot any issues that occur during the migration.

Thanks!