The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer cPanel account to different provider

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by plumbest, Jun 21, 2007.

1. plumbest

plumbest Registered

Hi,

We are a small company that is having issues with our current hosting provider (bethehost.com). They have been down approximately 10 times in the past 4 days.

My question is can we move our hosting to another provider with cPanel and just transfer the cPanel stuff over from bethehost to the new provider without loosing any emails/forwarders/accounts/etc.

If I need to provide any more information, please let me know. Thank you.

2. tukaramg

tukaramg Member

Hello,

Ask your current provider to create the package account of your and upload that under your public_html directory , Do not terminate this account from your current host When you get new hosting account then provide them the package account directory with FTP details so that new host can restore it on his server. Once everything is done properly at new host only then terminate your account from old host.

Another way.

Provide the current host IP address with cpanel login details to new host so that they can transfer your account to their host.

Regards,
    Tukaram G.

3. plumbest

plumbest Registered

Thanks Tukaram G, appreciate the information.