The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transfer domaine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shucky, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Shucky

Shucky Registered

Hello,

I'am new in this forum.

I'am trainee for a support. I have a customer tell me code to tranfer his domain in oser hebergor. but i don't know who i can find this code.

Please help me

I 'am sorry for my very bad english

Thanks

Shucky

2. pacificw

pacificw Well-Known Member

Transferring a domain has nothing to do with CPanel other than to remove or change the DNS info for the domain. You need to find out where the customer registered the domain and have them contact that provider which will give you a EPP code that you will then forward to the new domain provider.

If you are truly a 'trainee' for a support company, you need to have them train you on their procedures. The other posters on this forum aren't your training team. Sorry to be harsh, but my first thought was that and then I started thinking about how long one of your customers might have to wait one day while you don't know the answer, you post here and others finally are fed up with 'training' you (and not getting paid for their knowledge in teaching a stranger) and simply no longer answer. That really isn't fair to you or the person you are trying to help.

I suggest that you tell your employer you need a teaching class on what it is you need to learn for your particular job. You also should pull up about 50 Google pages and search for anything and everything on Linux or windows whichever platform your servers use. There are several good sites that have several articles from server setup to security setup and what to do in between. This way you can search for what you don't know and science has proven that reading helps you remember and learn better than someone just giving you the answer.

Just my $.08

Terra
    ... who had to learn all on their own one day when there was a crunch!

3. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

Contact the current registar of the domain to get EPP key and then forward it to the new domain registrar.