Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Transfer Exchange mail account

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Dalien, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Dalien

Dalien Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

Need help to transfer a Exchange mail account from a cPanel shared to a VPS-cPanel.

Did I only have to put the same configuration in the DNS zone as the old server, except for the IP ? And after that do the DNS change for the domain.

Thank you for your help!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you elaborate on how the Exchange server is configured or integrated with the cPanel server? Generally, since both servers use cPanel and you have root access on the destination server, you'd perform the following steps:
    1. Create a backup file on the source server via the "Backup Wizard" or "Backup" options in cPanel.
    2. Copy the backup file to the /home directory on the target server via FTP or SFTP.
    3. Restore the backup file with WHM's Restore a Full Backup cpmove File interface (Home >> Backup >> Restore a Full Backup/cpmove File).
    This should automatically update the zone file with the correct IP address that's associated with the destination server. However, note that you may need to update the name servers for the domain name at it's domain registrar to match what's used by the destination server.

Thank you.

3. Dalien

Dalien Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thank you for your response but I need to do it manually because I already put a lot of website on the new server. That's the reason of my question.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator