The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer Fails on VPS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hitek492005, Jul 12, 2007.

1. hitek492005

hitek492005 Registered

I have a vps server and the problem is that on large domains that I transfer it fails but it not only fails it shuts down the vps. I don't know what is going on any help would be great...

Thanks.

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Most likely this could be a resource limit of your vps. You should see some indication of the problem in the logs. If you have good support, you could ask the root host to grab the account for you or split and trasfer the account manually.

3. acenetryan

acenetryan Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

If you have root access to both servers here's what we like to do.

Move the public_html folder (or whatever is the source of the large disk space user) out of the user's directory. Do a normal transfer. This will get all the email, databases, config settings, etc and saves you a lot of time on manual configuration.

Once done, move the high usage folder back into the user's directory and use rsync from one server to the other to transfer the rest of the data.

4. acenetryan

acenetryan Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

As for the process killing your server, your host (or you?) will need to look into the memory management settings. We recently had a misconfiguration with the SLM parameters in VZ kill entire VPS' due to large resource usage. They can either correct the SLM parameters or switch your memory mode back over to UBC.