The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer from Ensim 3.7/4.0 to Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CoolMike, Sep 23, 2005.

1. CoolMike

CoolMike Well-Known Member

Hi

I got the offer to buy a hosting company with 600 customers. This company is using Ensim 3.7 and 4.0 and I would like to know, how well is the transfer function in WHM working for this?

Are there any problems or things which will not be transfered automaticaly? What happens with mails, MySQL DBs and installed scripts?

If I buy this customers, I want to be sure, that the transfer is possible and will not be to much trouble for the endcustomers.

Thanks
    Michael

2. CoolMike

Has nobody done this before?

Michael

3. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Ensim and CPanel are very different and you will need to import some files such as MySQL manually. There is no migration tool to transfer files from Ensim to the CPanel.

4. ffeingol

ffeingol Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    CoolMike,

There is a transfer function within WHM but it does not work quite right for Ensim sites. Here aer some of the quirks:

- It looks for db names to be USERIID* instead of looking at the prefix defined for the site. If the user-id and prefix happen to match they import, otherwise you'll have to do it manually.

- It totally skips all subdomains

- If the sites are in high securty (most ensim hosts will run that way) you'll get extra pop/ftp accounts that you'll need to clean up (becuase of Ensim's full chroot environment).

- You'll end up with extra email aliases also.

So if you have 600 sites, you're prob. going to have a fair amount of manual work to do.

Frank

5. CoolMike

Thanks a lot for the information. I think in this case it's not worth to buy this customers, because if the transfer doesn't work perfectly, they will just search another hoster.

Thanks
    Michael