The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer from one server to new server.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gosa, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Gosa

Gosa Member

Hi,

The hosting firm proposed a new server since dedicated server I'm renting is 4 years old.
    Is it possible to make migrate everything from the old server to the new server?
    Will all settings and third-party tools within WHM be retained.
    The hosting firm said that they would use Transfer Tool in WHM.
    But I don't know what will be transferred and if indeed things like CSF, CXS, ModSec, Php settings, ... will be transferred.

Thanks for any input on this matter or any additional advice.

If there are things that I could do too before the migration is done? (copying certain files/folder through ftp, or use ssh)

Thanks again!

Cheers

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I suggest setting up the new server with different IP addresses at first. This will allow you to obtain a trial license for cPanel, which you can use when transferring the accounts to the new server. The transfer itself can be completed using the "Transfer Tool" option, which is documented at:

Transfer Tool

Once the accounts have been transferred, you can add the original IP addresses to the new server, and then use the IP Migration Wizard to convert the accounts back their original IP:

IP Migration Wizard

You will need to manually install the third-party utilities such as CSF, and you should also run EasyApache on the new server to ensure your PHP versions and options are selected. Information about saving and restoring an EasyApache build profile is available at:

How to save custom profiles

Thank you.