The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer multiple accounts, issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pixelation, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Pixelation

Pixelation Active Member

Hello,

I'm about to move all my accounts to a new server, but I noticed that the "Transfer multiple accounts from another server" feature doesn't work anymore ever since they upgraded that feature... I enter the IP of my old server, port 22, select "Login as: root", select "Password" as authentication method, etc. But when I press "Fetch account list" it doesn't list any packages or accounts... I checked this feature on another server too, and it seems to do the same. A cPanel bug or something? Any chance I can fix it? I need to start moving my accounts asap.

I'm running:
    WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.0-R34
    Fedora
    Firefox webbrowser

Thanks

2. pnl

pnl Member

maybe your old server's ip is nullrouted contact the provider.

3. Berbox

Berbox Well-Known Member

4. Pixelation

Pixelation Active Member

I can access the server myself though...
    And, it doesn't work on more than one server :)

#4 Pixelation, Sep 28, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  5. celliott

celliott Well-Known Member

I have always had issues with this tool having completed many account transfers, so this isn't something I would expect to see fixed in the next build. I found that if you do say 4 or 5 accounts at a time, it works fine. Do any more and the page will just error.

How many accounts do you have on your server?

If you have a managable number of accounts (e.g. 150 or below) then you could consider manually generating the backups, sending them via remote ftp and then restoring them one by one. This is a time consuming process, however it has worked well on more than one occasion.

If you want to try and do it manually and could use some extra hands, I am also currently available to assist you with this for a small fee.

Chris.

6. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

If I have a bunch of sites, I would shove the backups into directories just under a gig each then archive each directory. It amounts to handling allot less files for ftp then unpack and multiple restore.

7. Pixelation

Pixelation Active Member

I have about 200+ accounts hosted on that server and would like to transfer all of them as soon as possible as I am going to update my registered nameservers to the new server IPs once all accounts have been moved. Is there any other way to automate this process? I was thinking about setting the WHM backup tool to my new server and make the server send a daily backup to it, then use the WHM "restore multiple accounts" feature. Any advice?

8. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Setting the remote backup would be as automated as you can get I suppose. That would work fine for your needs.

Here is a nice discussion that covers many aspects and tips that you may find interesting
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=18294

9. Pixelation

Pixelation Active Member

Though the problem when using that method is that I have to wait until all accounts are backed up to the remote server before I can start restoring the backups...

Also when I tried this process, I think something else went wrong too: The tar.gz files that were uploaded to the new server by the backup process, were 0 bytes big :s

Any other suggestions?

10. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

I could not suggest anything I haven't already said in my above posts or anyone elses excellent advice here.

get to work!!!