The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theallan, May 23, 2014.

1. theallan

theallan Active Member

Hi,

I've recently installed cPanel on a new server with the plan to migrate the sites on my old server to the new one. I thought I'd take advantage of the transfer account functionality in cPanel but am unable to get it to work at all.

Both servers are running cPanel 11.42.1 (build 16). The old server has CentOS 5.10 and the new one CentOS 6.5. SSH is on a non-standard port on the target server, but the "Check SSH connection" button shows that the connection can be successfully made with the IP and port given.

I've tried two options:

1. "Copy an Account From Another Server". Fill in the details and click the button to start the transfer. Nothing happens. Click it again - still nothing happens.

2. "Copy Multiple Accounts...". Fill in the details and click the button to get the accounts list. Page just sits there loading forward.

I've had a look to see if there are any logs about the transfer, but I can't see anything.

Any suggestions on what is going wrong?

Thanks,
    Allan

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

When you say "nothing happens", do you mean no output at all occurs? Have you checked to ensure there are no firewall rules on either server blocking traffic?

Thank you.

3. theallan

theallan Active Member

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

In the case of the single account transfer, literally nothing happens. The page doesn't refresh, I can't see any Ajax submits happen - just nothing, the information stays exactly as it was.

For the multiple account transfer, when it goes to list the accounts, the page does refresh and the page title is shown with a spinning loading icon - but that just spins away forever.

I can ssh between the two servers - I presume that only ssh is needed for the transfer?

Thanks,
    Allan

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

5. theallan

theallan Active Member

Ticket id 4990051 has been submitted :)

Thanks,
    Allan

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To update, it was determined that root access through password authentication was disabled. Switching to key authentication resolved the issue.

Thank you.