The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer of content/customers to another Server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KimBO, Jan 20, 2005.

1. KimBO

KimBO Well-Known Member

Hello...

we want to transfer from one server all customers and content to another server, but without that they get knowing something about this (except the IP change)...

How can I do this (most smoothly transfer) of the whole content from server a to server b?

Is there a smoothly solution, maybe exist a step-by-step guide or something else?

Greetings... KimBO

2. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    you need to be careful about the nameservers. If both the servers are wih you; then it is great. you will need to move the domains to the new server and make the ip change at the named files at the old server. This will make the immediate ip change and no downtime.

else in case you are leaving the old server; you will need to setup the domains in the second server and then change the nameserver Ip to the new server; or alternatively change the individual domains to the new servers. In this case there might be some problems in domain resolution as well as mail.

3. KimBO

KimBO Well-Known Member

Thanks for the fast reply... :)

The nameserver are with me ;-) and I think not the big problem... the problem is the transfer of the datas of the customers to a new server - we must change to a new one... :-(

Greetings.. KimBO

4. wa4fat

wa4fat Well-Known Member

Account migrations

I assume you're aware of the Account Migration tools in WHM (located under the TRANSFERS heading). If both servers are running cPanel, this is an excellent option.