The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer ONLY the website content to a new cPanel server

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by hilario, Apr 17, 2015.

1. hilario

hilario Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I tried to import (transfer) cPanel accounts from an old server to a new server and cPanel reported successful transfer, but in fact it had corrupted the data and also it suspended old server accounts (without telling me it would do so) and worse yet, the it corrupted the old system as well.

Old Server is RHEL5, New server is Centos 6, both use latest stable cPanel/WHM

What I need to do high now is to import ONLY the website contents, NOT email.

I made a diff and the contents at public_html are identical in both servers.

1) Is there a way to transfer the old server website contents to the new server?
    2) How can I check what is causing this failure?

Here is the failure I see:
    500 Internal Server Error
    The request was not completed. The server met an unexpected condition.
    beta.mydomain.com/~mydomain/ (port 80)

Please forward this error screen to beta.mydomain.com's WebMaster.

2. madmanmachines

madmanmachines Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I hope you are not inferring corruption based off a 500 error. If this is your only error, then you are making assumptions and not examining the actual issue.
    Then there likely is not an issue with the actual migration. What is the exact error that lead you to believe corruption? If the 500 error is to blame, simply tail your apache error_log and examine the error. You may find it as simple as moving a '.htaccess' file or 'php.ini' file. You may post the error here if in doubt.

Thanks,

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

To clarify, was there an error message during the actual transfer, or do you mean the Apache error message that is presented to you when accessing the website post-migration? How did you determine that files are missing? Also, note that if you just want to transfer website content, then you can follow the instructions at:

How to Manually Transfer an Account Between Servers

Thank you.