The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GloVine, Jul 12, 2005.

1. GloVine

GloVine Member

Im attempting to transfer about 340 accounts off one server and put them on two new servers. However, the old server, while trying to do the transfers, gives me some nice pretty errors. Time outs errors.

I am doing the transfer, a few accounts at a time, sometimes under 1mb and i still get this error. Occasionally for about an hour, i have no problems and im able to transfer accounts. Other times this happens. Which is the majority.

As far as i know, it could be caused by lag on the old server, since with transfers, the server goes up in CPU and memory quite substantial. It doesnt always but if it does, this is bound to happn.

So basically, i need some way of copying about 200 accounts off the server either via SSH or downloading them manually and uploading.. i need a better way. I am currently trying the SCP command, but we will see how that goes. So far, not really going well.

If anyone can lend their services, possibly for a small price, and help us out. Or tell me what to do. That would be nice.

2. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

I have used rsync with no problems. Just have it pull from your Cpanel backup directory. Or if you move the files to a domain - wget also works well. Smaller files, per domain, etc.

Then restore from there - but fix httpd.conf! Sometimes it keeps the old IP's.

3. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

i had this timeout problem also when i was transferring my site. But that site was big. So it timeout while waiting for the site to compress.

You should transfer them by batches. Deal with those problems after all other sites transfered so that it doesn't affect you other sites. Maybe those small sites have large emails or large database....

#3 abubin, Jul 12, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2005