The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer Problem!

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by DiegoM, Sep 4, 2007.

1. DiegoM

DiegoM Member

I've a reseller account and my sites are there. I bought a dedicated server, and want to transfer those sites to my new server.

I tried to use "Copy an account from another server with account password". I put in the fields like it:
    Server to copy from (ip or FQDN): xx.xxx.xxx.xxx (ip of reseller server [old server])
    Domain Name*: mydomain.com
    Username to copy: myusername
    User's password: mypass

When i press "Setup", is occouring a error:

"Attempting to copy 'myusername' from xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    ............... ............... ............... ............... ...............
    Error while copying account...! Aborting Extraction"

I'm supposing the username, domain, password and ip.

Sorry about my poor english, I'm brazilian.

2. MichaelFindlay

If the feature is thre see if you can Cluster the servers, that would then allow you to copy the accounts over using the Account Trasnfer feature, this is a lot easier and would mean that all the dns was canged as it was moved, so that when the 24 hour switch over is in transit, its already pointing at the new server.

3. DiegoM

DiegoM Member

All the time this is giving me a error. I don't have root acess in 'my' old server, i've only reseller acc.

I need to use this feature, because my site have 480mb, a lot of emails and DB...

Could someone help me?

4. Fernis

Fernis Well-Known Member

You can go to the old server and use the backup feature in cPanel to make full site backups. When doing the backup instead of backing it up to the home directory send it to your new server via FTP. You just need to create a new account on your new server first so that you have an account to transfer to. After the accounts are transferred just move them to the home directory and restore them using WHM>