The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer problems again..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by haze, Apr 10, 2002.

1. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Ok, I moved an account from one cpanel to another and the permissions seem to be fine, only there is a permission denied when trying to upload the file via a php script. It worked perfectly find on the old server, but not on the new one. The file permissions are set to 777 which is what they were on the old server. Any ideas?

2. Daniel

Daniel Well-Known Member

If the permissions are set to 777 I don't know why you would get a permission denied error. I did have a problem when I moved an account because it changed ownership of some files owned by nobody to the username of the account. It was a message board (yabba.cgi I think) it saved all posts to files that were owned by nobody. The files were chowned 700 so after the ownership was changed the message board couldn't read the messages or anything.

Not sure if this helps at all but a nice story anyway :p

3. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

Make sure all folders are owned by the correct user and not root.

Type ls -al in their main directory ie /home/USERNAME

If anything there is listed a owned by root type

chown USERNAME.USERNAME FOLDERNAME

4. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Actually the ownerships have been extremely messed since the move. Some folders are owned by other users and some by strange numbers. I have fixed that already, so that isn't the problem. I have to chmod the etc/proftpd files everytime I add or a customer add's a new user ( any way around this? ). I seem to have gotten it fixed by resetting the perms a few times.