The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer reseller accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by host4all, Dec 9, 2004.

1. host4all

host4all Member

I have several reseller accounts on a shared server, where I don't have access to the root.
    I now want to move those reseller accounts to a server of my own, where I do have root access. The owner of the old server does not want to provide me with his root password, nor does he want to assist me in moving the accounts. Is there a way to move them all at once without the risk of losing data? Anyone?

2. mher

mher Well-Known Member

go to each individual account. click on backup > generate full backup> choose remote ftp server. put your server ip and username,password.

when the file reaches your server. go to your whm, click on restore full backup, put the username in the field and click restore

3. preleaf

preleaf Well-Known Member

and me then dont have access to the root on new server .I want to move all account on old server to .Where i have access to the root.Is there a way help me move and restore an accounts -reseller to new server in here i dont have access to root .Anyone ?guide me Please .Thanks you so much.

4. net-trend

net-trend Member

Perform the same as above then ask your new host to restore them for you.

5. host4all

host4all Member

what should I do next with the nameservers? The accounts I want to move are linked to a reseller account. How can I make sure that once the accounts were moved they don't link back to the old server. Changing the IPs of the nameservers will take some time, won't it?

6. preleaf

preleaf Well-Known Member

i mean after i move acount to new server where i dont have access to the root how do i to restore them ? help me