The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transfer reseller / reseller's accounts without root?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Secret Agent, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Secret Agent

Secret Agent Guest

What is the proper way to transfer a reseller's accounts and his sub accounts to my server if he does not have root access?

Does the copy / transfer account with account password grab ALL the reseller's accounts?
  2. Active Member

May 6, 2005
    If you use "Copy an account from another server with account password", you have to need the usernames and the passwords for each domain and in this case (without root password), you should go for this option.
  3. Secret Agent

Secret Agent Guest

Here's another question.

I need to transfer a dozen or so reseller accounts (of course each have two dedicated IP's for private DNS). If I select "give IP...' will it provide the same dedicated IP for all its owned accounts? Another problem is wanting to give its private dns IP's as well, in consequetive order. Apparently cpanel gives dedicated ip's to accounts even if they are already used by another for private dns. I know I could set it up as "reserve" but I'm transferring over 200 accounts here. Its not that simple.

Any suggestions?