The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer single account between servers

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Alex H, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Alex H

Alex H Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi I am trying to transfer a single account from one server to another both using cPanel.

I am logged into the incoming server as root. I enter the IP address of the sending server. I have entered the account user name and password of the account that I want to transfer. (I have tested these and they are correct).

When i transfer I am getting a failed transfer and the following error message.
    Trying to fetch cpmove file via cPanel API!
    Fetching current backups from remote server …cPanel Login Failed: HTTP/1.0 900 NET OR SSL ERROR

/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/getremotecpmove 28072: open_tcp_connection: failed `', 2083 (Connection refused)

Failed to fetch cpmove file via cPanel API.
    Failed: Error while executing “/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/getremotecpmove”. The “/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/getremotecpmove” command (process 28072) reported error number 1 when it ended.:

Cana some kind person tell me what is wrong?

Thanks

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Do you have root access to the source server (where the cPanel account you are copying is stored)? If so, try using the following option instead:

"WHM >> Transfers >> Transfer Tool"

Otherwise, if you only have cPanel access for the account on the source server and the connection request is failing, you can make a backup of the account using the "Backup" option in cPanel. Then, move the backup archive to the /home directory on the destination server and restore it using "WHM >> Restore a Full Backup/cpmove File".

Thank you.

3. Alex H

Alex H Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks that worked :)

cPanelMichael likes this.