The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer sites, FTP Backup and Restore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nashik, Jan 3, 2005.

1. nashik

nashik Registered

Dec 19, 2004
    I have to shift my sites from one server to a new one. I Have WHM for both the servers, the old server does not give me permission to modify my DNS in WHM so I am going to cpanel-backup full site - FTP and send the backup to the new server.

My sites(20) are small each of 10 MB except for one that is 80 MB with mysql database. When I log in to the new server I can see the backup....

Question: how do I recover the database files, Cpanel gives me an option of Restore a Home Backup but my backup file is on the server, how can I upload it again.

Question 2: Will The home full backup have the mysql database backup too.

I can get the SSH Access for sometime on the new server so if there is anything that can be done with SSH please help with the commands as I am new to Linux.

But I know that I can download the file with wget so there should be some command that can upzip the intire backup.

or if you can suggest a way by which I can copy the intire site with DB and mails and get it on the new server when I have the SSH access on the new server.

I will be realy thankful.

Please help.

Thank you once again.