Raymond Hayes

May 6, 2019
United States
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
While migrating a site from Plesk, we have this issue taking place...

Target “/home” on host “server_name” has has 54.83 GB free and requires at least 69.88 GB free

The size of the migrated site is only 7 gigs. WHY is Cpanel trying to allocate 69+ gigs for a 7 gig transfer? And can we control this?

(one admin in house suggested Cpanel is ready disk space incorrectly for the account...as the exact size of the site is 6958.7 MB ...?)

Raymond Hayes

May 6, 2019
United States
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
OK...a quick update. We decided to use another server which had more space for the migration. We did not expect what happened next...

As noted, Plesk shows that the subscription is using using about 7+ gigs of space. when I run a "Check Folder size" command in Plesk, the main folders only show about 5.9 gigs used (so the rest must be email)...

After migration, the total size on disk for the subscription with mail is 27 gigs. Where did that extra 20 gigs come from?

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hi @Raymond Hayes

You can use something like:

Code:
du -h --max-depth=1
in the / directory to see where the allocation of space is (then in lower directories to further drill down) but cPanel shouldn't be showing incorrect values. Really, I'd suggest opening a ticket so we can look into this further.

Once open please reply with the Ticket ID here so that we can update this thread with the resolution once the ticket is resolved.

Thanks!

Raymond Hayes

May 6, 2019
United States
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Following up (sorry took so long...sooo busy).

We found that Plesk was not seeing some additional backup folders created by Wordpress, thus giving us the incorrect number. Cpanl was correct. After we cleared those backup files, both matched in size.

Glad we're leaving Plesk...

Reactions: cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Oh wow! I'm glad to hear that you've got it sorted out now. Thank you for updating here what the resolution of the issue ended up being.