The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer Tool - Choose Web Only?

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by CCSupport, Feb 22, 2015.

1. CCSupport

CCSupport Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello all,

I am currently in the process of testing some transfers from an old Plesk server to WHM. There are 30+ accounts on the Plesk server.

I have used the Transfer Tool to successfully connect and start the process for testing....however, one major issue is that the 30+ accounts are only having their websites transferred to the WHM server...the mail is going to a dedicated mail server. My issue is that some of these Plesk accounts have 15+GB of mail and I really don't want to transfer that into WHM for nothing!

So, two questions:

1) Is there a way to specify to only transfer Web and NOT mail when using WHM Transfer Tool from Plesk 11?
    2) If the above cannot be done, is there an easy way to delete the mail part of the incoming account as soon as the transfer is complete from within WHM?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. CCSupport

CCSupport Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    After searching everywhere I cannot find a single thing about separating out the transfer of website only and leaving the mail accounts....disappointing as some migrations will have to pull 3-5GB of data for just a few MB website. Hopefully this could be added in future releases if possible.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

There are no native tools to skip transferring email data during the transfer. However, if you temporarily move that data out of the way during the transfer process, then our pkgacct script will not package that data.

Have you considered using our complimentary migration service so we can help migrate the accounts over for you? You can find more information about this at:

Migrate to cPanel

Thank you.

4. CCSupport

CCSupport Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for the reply Michael.

It's only for 30 accounts so didn't really think it was a large enough migration for the migration team. If we do not have enough space I might contact them, thank you.