Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED Transfer Tool: Could not update .htaccess (XID) The supplied domain name is invalid.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Benjamin D., Jul 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Benjamin D.

Benjamin D. Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    After using the Transfer Tool, I've got many errors like this: Could not update .htaccess (XID) The supplied domain name is invalid.

I went and checked on the new server FTP and indeed, many (maybe 20% of them) .htaccess files are missing! How do I force the Transfer Tool to copy the damn .htaccess file without automagically "taking care" of it (a.k.a. DROPPING IT)

I have a hundred sites with errors like this, as much as possible, i don't want to manually copy each and every .htaccess file by hand!!

Thanks for any pointers.

2. Benjamin D.

Benjamin D. Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Was a permission issue on the parent folder, it's fixed. This can be closed, thanks.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm glad to see you were able to solve the issue. Thank you for sharing the outcome.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...