SOLVED transfer tool failed mailman lists

Goddard

Jan 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
The transfer tool worked great for everything except mailing lists.

Now I am trying to restore them manually, but I can't re-create the list because it is complaining about forwarders. I deleted the forwarder, but it is still complaining it is still there.

Please help

Goddard

Jan 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I figured it out. If you run into this problem just copy the 3rdparty/mailman/archive and /lists folders. This will update cpanel. It is to bad it didn't work in Cpanel.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

I'm happy to see the issue is now resolved. Did you notice any specific error messages when the mailman lists failed to copy over?

Thank you.

Patricio Anguita

Registered
Dec 8, 2015
Santiago, Chile
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello :)

I'm happy to see the issue is now resolved. Did you notice any specific error messages when the mailman lists failed to copy over?

Thank you.
Same thing happened to me. The issue in my case was that when a suspended account is transferred, and then un-suspended on the destination server, mailing lists doesn't become active. I think this is a bug, because the archives did transfer without problems.

Regards,

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
The issue in my case was that when a suspended account is transferred, and then un-suspended on the destination server, mailing lists doesn't become active.
Could you let us know the version of cPanel installed on the destination server when this happens?

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Same thing happened to me. The issue in my case was that when a suspended account is transferred, and then un-suspended on the destination server, mailing lists doesn't become active. I think this is a bug, because the archives did transfer without problems.
Internal case CPANEL-3208 is open to address an issue where transferring or restoring a suspended account results in a broken/unsuspended account on the destination server. Suspending and unsuspending the account is the temporary workaround. You can monitor our change log for this case number at:

Change Logs - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

Update: This is solved as of cPanel version 70.0.16:

Fixed case CPANEL-3208: Suspended transferred/restored accounts remain suspended.

Last edited: