Transfer Tool from Plesk Problem

adam987123

May 7, 2015
United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello

I have a new server and I am trying to transfer my old accounts from Plesk 12 using the Transfer Tool in cpanel. I can gain access to my server using the Root login and password but when I try to transfer an account it give me the error below. I believe that it is a problem with not being able to login to MySQL using the Root login. Is there any way around this? Any Help will be much appreciated. Thank You in advance.

Code:
Starting “TRANSFER” for “Account” “asdasd”.
Copy Destination: /home
Remote server type: “plesk”.
Packaging the account with the command: /scripts/pkgacct.MYSERVERHOST.com asdasd '' --split --compressed --mysql 5.5 --allow-multiple …
Unknown option: compressed
Unknown option: mysql
MySQL error: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) at /tmp/.perl-ppk-Kh2FBV/lib/Cpanel/Foreign/Plesk/DB.pm line 117.
Done
Target “/home” on host “MYSERVERHOST.com” has 33.74 GB free and requires at least 0 bytes free, which includes space for temporary files.
WARNING: The remote server failed to send the location of the transfer archive.
WARNING: Attempting to guess the location of the remote transfer archive.
Fetching md5sum of “/home/cpmove-asdasd.tar.gz” from the remote server … …
Done
Removing copied archive on remote server. …
Done

Failed: The remote execution of “pkgacct.MYSERVERHOST.com” was not sucessful, or the requested account, “asdasd” was not found on the server: “IP ADDRESS”.
Also I have changed the details of the account name, server host and Ip Address for privacy reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Please ensure the following file is created on the Plesk server:

/root/.my.cnf

You can populate it using the example below:

Code:
[client]
password="REDACTED"
user=admin
The password is found in the /etc/psa/.psa.shadow file.

Thank you.