The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer tool makes remote server crash

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by jblairjoly, Jan 26, 2016.

1. jblairjoly

jblairjoly Member

Hi,

We are transfering an account from a old Core2Duo CPanel server (11.52.2) to a new server. My proble is that when starting the process (transfer tool) my old server is always crashing because his server load get very high (20.00+). We always got that problem with this server, as soon the backup starts, the server crash...

I have choosed "Low priority" and unchecked "Compress transfer" to give more chance to the older server but always got the same issue. Is there something I can do to prevent the server from crashing?

Thanks for your help!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. jblairjoly

jblairjoly Member

It's the transfer alone that cause the high load. That server is always below 1. BUT as soon we start the backup process, we get high load. Same thing for the transfer.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can browse to the "Stats and Logs" tab in "WHM Home » Server Configuration » Tweak Settings" and modify the following option:

"Extra CPUs for server load"

Per it's description:

The load average above the number of CPUs at which cpuwatch, cpanellogd, backups, and CPU stats consider the system to be in a critical load state. For example, a server with 4 physical CPUs and a value of 2 in this field will be considered “critical” in these cases once the load reaches 6.

Thus, you can ensure backup generations are suspended when the load reaches a certain point.

Thank you.

5. jblairjoly

jblairjoly Member

Thank you for your answer.