The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer Tool: Restore stuck (no change for 45 minutes)

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by smatt, Aug 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. smatt

smatt Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all,

I'm moving 2 accounts to a new server using the Transfer Tool.

Both completed transfer 100% nice and quick (neither account is particularly huge, the servers are side-by-side in the datacenter).

However, they're both stuck on Restoring. One at 14%, one at 30%. I've got the stream open for both, they're both stuck in the Homedir section.

Both have had a few symlink errors (the first to do with .cphorde, the second with some mail accounts). Neither has moved for 45 minutes now.

Is there any other indication of what it's doing / why it might be stuck? LFD has picked up the rsync process is still running (but not killed).

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you verify if the transfer is still progressing? If not, the following document explains how you can add some additional information to the logs to help determine why the transfer is stalled or failing:

Touch File for Additional Transfer and Restore Log Diagnostic Entries - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Also, if it's still restoring the home directory for each account, you might be able to use a command such as "ps auxf" on the destination server to see if it's stuck at a particular directory.

Thank you.

3. smatt

smatt Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael,

Sorry for my slow reply - they both eventually completed. One I'm not sure why was slow, the other I discovered when paying more attention to detail - the .trash folder had nearly 40gb in it that I didn't see before!

Thanks for the tip on the log files.

cPanelMichael likes this.