The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer Tool: VirtualHost using old server IP for new domains after migrating to new server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sami.s, Apr 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. sami.s

sami.s Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We recently moved servers and used the Transfer Tool to migrate to a new server, old websites which existed continued to work normally, but when creating a new domain or subdomain the new sites don't work, after checking the httpd.config file I found that it's assigning them the IP of the old server.

How can I fix this? I confirmed that the new server IP is set in "Basic cPanel & WHM Setup". However the below files seem to still contain the IP of the old server:
    ./etc/userdatadomains
    ./etc/domainips
    ./etc/userdatadomains.json

2. sami.s

sami.s Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Nevermind, found it. Had to change the IP of the user to the new one in WHM > IP Functions > Change a Site’s IP Address

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I'm happy to see you were able to address the issue. Note the wrong IP address would have only been assigned to the account if it was added to the destination server as an available IP address during the transfer. I was unable to reproduce the issue on test servers. Is this something you can reproduce when copying over additional accounts?

Thank you.