The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer Tool

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by ramorse, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ramorse

ramorse Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Suddenly I am not able to use the Transfer Tool in WHM. I use Root/Password and get the following:

The remote basic credential check failed due to an error: The password that you provided is not correct, or the SSH key is not permitted access. (Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).)

I have tried to connect to the same server from different servers and get the same error.

2. ramorse

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just for "fun" I tried going in reverse, trying to connect from the server I have been trying to connect to and tried connecting using its Transfer Tool. I got the following error:

Cpanel::DBI::Mysql connect('','root',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/MysqlUtils/Connect.pm line 136

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh. That big grin thing is Cpanel colon D

#2 ramorse, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
  3. ramorse

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    OK. This is resolved. For some reason I needed to use the Wheel Group user method instead of just using root password. Something must have changed since the last time I had used the tool

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

It's possible the source server prevents direct access to SSH as "root". A good way to test this is to connect via SSH to the source server directly from the destination server.

Thank you.