The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transfered account - now branding not showing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ctbhost, Oct 11, 2005.

1. ctbhost

ctbhost Well-Known Member

i transfered a client from another host that also used cpanel, every thing seems to be working ok except one thing

i have setup branding on the bluelagoon theme,

when i go to any of my clients cpanel i see my branding however if i goto the clients cpanel that i transfered in i see just the standard cpanel images

right clicking on one of the images shows the url of the image as per below

on the account transfered in (doesnt show branding)
    http://www.hostname.com:2082/frontend/bluelagoon/branding/top_02_2.gif

on any other account (shows branding ok)
    http://www.hostname.com:2082/branding/bluelagoon/top_02_2.gif

any idea how i would fix this ??

#1 ctbhost, Oct 11, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  2. ctbhost

ctbhost Well-Known Member

has anyone any idea how i can fix this,

i have tried changing the theme of this accout to aniother and back to my own theme but stilll not working

3. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

The changed branding images are stored in:
    /home/root_or_reseller_name/cpanelbranding/theme_name
    Check they are there.
    Also check in WHM/List Accounts over in the last column Reseller that the correct account owner is listed and has the images in the above directory.

4. PanelGuy

PanelGuy Well-Known Member

Branding

Nope, that did n;t work. Stills shows the old x theme for all peopel woned by the same user. Even thogh my branding is on x, it still looks like x, amdnotthe fancy new look I had it looking like on the old server. This is after moving the cpanelbranding directory as you siggested, since the owner is new on this box.

5. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

The directory mentioned above will be created when you save your branding changes (in WHM/CPanel(ver#)/Branding) to the root or resellers home directory, not in the users home directory. So moving it to the users home directory manually will have no effect.

It might be worth checking in the Branding location in WHM that all is well.

I seem to remember some time back that I had this issue and had to re create my branding in whm and save it again to get it all working as it should in all themes. Not sure though (altzheimers setting in) ;).

If this does not work for you then I am at a loss as to what to do next. If it was on my servers I would start a thorough investigation which would include permissions/ownerships/correct domain details etc. etc. from shell. During the move something was not configured correctly which is preventing the branding being recognised.

#5 Izzee, Oct 25, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
  6. PanelGuy

PanelGuy Well-Known Member

Branding

I jsut went to the source and changed it al there after making a clone for backup.

Of course, I bet all my changes get overwrittenw witht he next run of upcp. :(