The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfered hosts

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by timboellis2031, Mar 15, 2014.

1. timboellis2031

timboellis2031 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I have transferred hosts with cpanel however the problem i have is that on the same server several of my clients still use the company that provides cpanel services.

So when they send a mail through their e-mail accounts i never see the mails as it appears just to go to the local server where i am no longer hosted.

So how can i force the mails to go to my new server, it is the same mail address just different host.

2. robb3369

robb3369 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you old cpanel account remains, then update the MX entries so that they point to the new server and it show "remote mail exchanger"...

MX Entry

3. LostNerd

LostNerd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Just to add... Make sure that your clients domains are also pointing to your new server/host. If they're pointing to your old host still, ask them to update their domain names' nameservers to new ones that point to your new host.

As with any DNS change though, remember it doesn't happen instantly and you may have to wait up to 24 hours for DNS propagation.

Hope this helps.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Make sure the domain names that have their email routed to remote mail servers are in the /etc/remotedomains file and not the /etc/localdomains file. You can edit the MX entry or DNS Zones for their domain names in WHM and ensure that "Remote Mail Exchanger" is selected so the entries are populated correctly in those files.

Thank you.