The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfering Website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by knev, Feb 22, 2011.

1. knev

knev Registered

Hi

I would like to know how do i transfer one website from one hosting to another hosting?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Are you the host or the owner of the account?

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you have WHM root or reseller access on the new machine and either WHM or cPanel access on the old machine, on the new server you can use either WHM > Transfers > Copy an account from another server or WHM > Transfers > Copy an account from another server with account password to transfer the account.

If you only have cPanel access on both machines, then on the old machine you can use cPanel > Backups > Download or Generate a Full Website Backup area to get a backup. After you have the backup file, you can upload it to your account on your new cPanel account and as your hosting provider to restore the account for you there. You won't be able to restore the account using a backup with cPanel only access.

4. knev

knev Registered

I need to move one website content to another CPanel location.
    I have access to both Cpanels. How to do for only one website?

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I already explained this above. You will need to make a backup in cPanel > Backups > Download or Generate a Full Website Backup to obtain a copy of the backup file for that account. After you have, download it using FTP, then upload to your new site at your new host with FTP, then tell the new host the location of the backup file and ask them to restore it for your account. You cannot restore the account on the new machine because you won't have access to do that when you only have cPanel access.

If by website you didn't mean the full account but only one site on the account, that simply isn't possible with cPanel backups. It is account backups that are provided not domain only backups.