The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transferring email to new server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Joe028, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Joe028

Joe028 Registered

Apr 3, 2011
    Really hoping someone can help me out cause I've spent entirely too much time trying to figure this out. Here goes...

Transferred from one cpanel host to another cpanel host and just need to get the emails over there now, everything else is done. I use Thunderbird set up as IMAP. I thought I could just ftp download the 'emails' folder on my old host and put that in my new host emails folder. I did create the new email accounts manually through cpanel in the new host.

The only emails that are coming through are the emails that were in my original main folder and NOT all the emails that I had filtering out into subfolders. I can look into that directory and see the emails in there in the subfolders, but they are not showing up when I try to view them through Horde, or Thunderbird.

Through all this mess I've since damaged some of the files on the original cpanel host so I am left with just the original ftp download of the entire 'emails' folder that I took initially.

Really hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks so much!!