Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Transferring emails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by 83dons, Feb 14, 2007.

1. 83dons

83dons Registered

Hi

I am transferring some of my sites between different hosts both with cpanel. I dont want to use the backup feature and import as i want to just create fresh new accounts in the new host with WHM. I have the files to upload for each site but i want to transfer ONLY the emails between accounts. How do i go about transferring just the emails?
    Thanks

2. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

One nifty tool is called 'imapsync'.... google it...

It'll recreate the folder structure for email accounts. I used it recently to migrate a client FROM exchange to cpanel email, and that was about 2gigs of data.

It may take a little tweaking to get just right, but it works great.

3. 83dons

83dons Registered

Hi thanks but i cant work out how to use it, the support on using it is a bit unfathamable for the novice!

Are there any easier tools to use anywhere specifically for transferring cpanel to cpanel emails? I think the emails on the old server were stored as different file types than the new server unfortunately as i tried just copying them and uploading to the new server and i get unknown messages appearing where emails should!