Transferring from Old Server? Issues. with old Server

Typical

Registered
Jan 25, 2020
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
So.... when I first started I was using a reseller account.

Now I have upgraded to a local provider who I have a dedicated server with,

The Reseller account is with a different hosting provider and they have disabled the backup service within Cpanel and I am not able to use WHM Transfer Feature.

The other issue I am having is every time I try to make a database backup it fails and they cannot tell me why...

Can anyone provide me with a solution to retrieving my client's accounts from the reseller?

Also, I asked about upgrading to a VPS so I could utilise the WHM transfer option before closing my account with them and they want $5 per account USD which I cannot afford.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
If they're able to provide you with a backup of the account/s you could restore from that on the new server, but without root access or a backup you wouldn't be able to move the data.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
The only other option you might have is to manually compress the data and download it from the file manager but this would involve a ton of manual work to move the data.

• The best way would be to go to cPanel>>Files>>File Manager -> Select /home/$USER -> click Select All button in the menu -> click Compress -> Click download once the file is compressed.
    • I absolutely wouldn't undertake this venture if you're not sure what data to move/how to move it.

The documentation here shows you exactly what content to move - How to Manually Migrate Accounts to cPanel from Unsupported Control Panels - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation
  • you'd not be able to get the databases this way though, you'd need to dump them through PHPMyAdmin

Last edited: