The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring from one servber to another

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonmar, Oct 15, 2003.

1. jonmar

jonmar Member

Sep 13, 2003
    This is very painful-

Ok. I recently started renting a server from another company, which I will not name, at least for now. Anyway, after only one month, I am now having some serious issues with the company. So I am examining the possibilities here.

I have never used the "transfer" feature in WHM and I'm relatively new to access this deep (root).

When I use the transfer function, will this copy databases and all that too?

This is very important, and I have to make this move, because people are depending on me to have their sites running, and I depend on my vendors to deliver. They are not, which puts me in a very bad dilemma.. Please- If anyone knows this information respond so I can reply to MY CUSTOMERS of what my intentions are.

Thank You:) Support Ticket Number:
  2. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2002
    Alberta, Canada
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Learning can somtimes be a painful thing. ;)

It is not the responsibilty of your DC/Server provider, to teach you how to be a SysAdmin and/or use WHM. There is a WHM manual available for download -- somewhere at -- and if doing one-at-time site transfers under 2 or 3 GB, it usually goes pretty smoothly.

When it works, the Transfer feature will "copy" everything related to that account, but does leave out some things -- especially if a Reseller account.

Best way to learn is to do it. As it is a copy function, the old site is still functional and you get a chance to see exactly what was copied over. :) Support Ticket Number: