linuxman

Sep 20, 2003
I have searched and hope I have not missed this. Is there a way to transfer the packages and feature setup from one server to another. I have several servers running Cpanel. I would like to transfer the packages and features list I have from one Cpanel to another so each time I add a new server I don't have to manually set each one up. Thanks in advance for your information.

JC

Nov 6, 2002
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Originally posted by linuxman
I have searched and hope I have not missed this. Is there a way to transfer the packages and feature setup from one server to another. I have several servers running Cpanel. I would like to transfer the packages and features list I have from one Cpanel to another so each time I add a new server I don't have to manually set each one up. Thanks in advance for your information.
They're located in /var/cpanel/packages and /var/cpanel/features respectively.
You'll have to copy them over manually ;-)

Regards

jackal

PartnerNOC
Feb 23, 2002
You can also do a mulptile account move in whm and just select the packages.

linuxman

Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by n_kruse
JC, thanks.
Jackal,

I tried this and received the following error message. Any idea how I can fix this.

Copying Package Mail_Only... expect: spawn id exp3 not open while executing "expect -timeout 7200 "100:"" (file "/scripts/scpcmd" line 14)

linuxman

Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by n_kruse
JC, thanks.
Well I take that back it appeared to work but still gave me the previous error message, thank again for your assistance.