The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transferring packages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Diatone, May 1, 2003.

1. Diatone

Diatone Well-Known Member

In WHM, how do I successfully transfer PACKAGES that people have create, the plan's that is. I select them when I do the server to server transfer, but they don't get transferred. They do not end up showing up in my package list.

Thanks.

2. DrChaos

DrChaos Active Member

I have the opposite problem. I transferred the plans fine, but error on account transfers with the error:

"The remote server didn't report a correct md5sum of the archive. Please ensure you selected the correct type of remote server"

The correct server type is selected as they are both WHM 4.5+ servers. What do I need to o to transfer these accounts?

3. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

For the packages not transferring, make sure /var/cpanel/packages exists so the copy function can write the packages somewhere on the destination machine.

For the other issue, we've seen this in the following circumstances:

- not enough room on the partition where the cpmove* files are being written
    - the cpmove* files already exist from a previously attempted and failed transfer (on one or both servers - remove them wherever they appear)