Transferring sites to new server timing out

Databeyond

Nov 16, 2006
I have WHM/Cpanel on both servers, I am running a older Fedora Core 4 server and I am attempting to transfer out sites. Some of them are large (4-16 gigs in size) and the servers literally timing out while transferring.

I googled a bit and found out that you can't transfer large sites with WHM and I used /scripts/pkgacct and moved it over to public_html. Well the file was about 4 gigs that I tried to transfer and now I'm getting a permission error. I chmodded the file to 777 and it still kept giving me a "forbidden" error when I tried to wget it on the other server or download it via IE.

I tried to CHOWN to the user and change permissions in FTP, no go.

I was able to grab the file from FTP but it says the archive is corrupted so I'm wondering if i'm wasting my time trying to split the tar file.

I am rather clueless what to do next, any suggestions?

xyber13

May 30, 2006
Hmmm...

Hey there,

I had this problem once. The backup was too large. So i did it site by site. I know its tedious. But in my case, it got the job done...

Rgrds,
-Xyber.

Databeyond

Nov 16, 2006
I've done pkgacct but now the file sizes don't look right, tarred up the file size of my personal site says 4 gigs, my site is 16 gigs unless tar is able to compress 4 times smaller the original size? Somethings up here... can someone assist me with this?