The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring sites to new server timing out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Databeyond, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Databeyond

Databeyond Member

I have WHM/Cpanel on both servers, I am running a older Fedora Core 4 server and I am attempting to transfer out sites. Some of them are large (4-16 gigs in size) and the servers literally timing out while transferring.

I googled a bit and found out that you can't transfer large sites with WHM and I used /scripts/pkgacct and moved it over to public_html. Well the file was about 4 gigs that I tried to transfer and now I'm getting a permission error. I chmodded the file to 777 and it still kept giving me a "forbidden" error when I tried to wget it on the other server or download it via IE.

I tried to CHOWN to the user and change permissions in FTP, no go.

I was able to grab the file from FTP but it says the archive is corrupted so I'm wondering if i'm wasting my time trying to split the tar file.

I am rather clueless what to do next, any suggestions?

2. xyber13

xyber13 Well-Known Member

Hmmm...

Hey there,

I had this problem once. The backup was too large. So i did it site by site. I know its tedious. But in my case, it got the job done...

Rgrds,
    -Xyber.

3. Databeyond

Databeyond Member

I've done pkgacct but now the file sizes don't look right, tarred up the file size of my personal site says 4 gigs, my site is 16 gigs unless tar is able to compress 4 times smaller the original size? Somethings up here... can someone assist me with this?

4. RobertNikic

RobertNikic Active Member

Hello,

I would contact cPanel support regarding your issue.
    cPanel also offers a Transfer Assistance Program for more information you can visit here.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me.