Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Transport returned 9 from command (MailScanner?)

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by ckh, Feb 20, 2006.

1. ckh

ckh Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I have a client piping bounced emails to a script for processing and when trying to deliver the message through exim the result is:

|/usr/bin/perl /home/username/public_html/cgi-bin/mailer/bmailerBounce.cgi (bounced@somedomain.com) <bounced@somedomain.com> R=virtual_aliases_nostar T=virtual_address_pipe: Child process of virtual_address_pipe transport returned 9 from command: /usr/bin/perl

I'm kind of thinking that Mailscanner could be the culprit but I'm not sure. Any suggestions??

Thanks
    Chris

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

That's an error in exim caused by the script - don't see where MailScanner would have anything to do with it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

This line reveals all.

A value of '9' was returned by '/usr/bin/perl' i.e. the script to which the mail is being piped (which is just what Chirpy said, but I couldn't help helping by pointing out the specifics).

Take a look at the relevant script and find out under what conditions it would return a value of '9', which will then help you work out what is going wrong.

4. ckh

ckh Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Thanks guys, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a configuration problem on my end. I'll let him and the programmer sort it out then as long as it's nothing on my side.... :)

Chris