The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transport returned 9 from command (MailScanner?)

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ckh, Feb 20, 2006.

1. ckh

ckh Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I have a client piping bounced emails to a script for processing and when trying to deliver the message through exim the result is:

|/usr/bin/perl /home/username/public_html/cgi-bin/mailer/bmailerBounce.cgi (bounced@somedomain.com) <bounced@somedomain.com> R=virtual_aliases_nostar T=virtual_address_pipe: Child process of virtual_address_pipe transport returned 9 from command: /usr/bin/perl

I'm kind of thinking that Mailscanner could be the culprit but I'm not sure. Any suggestions??

Thanks
    Chris

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

That's an error in exim caused by the script - don't see where MailScanner would have anything to do with it.

3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

This line reveals all.

A value of '9' was returned by '/usr/bin/perl' i.e. the script to which the mail is being piped (which is just what Chirpy said, but I couldn't help helping by pointing out the specifics).

Take a look at the relevant script and find out under what conditions it would return a value of '9', which will then help you work out what is going wrong.

4. ckh

ckh Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Thanks guys, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a configuration problem on my end. I'll let him and the programmer sort it out then as long as it's nothing on my side.... :)

Chris