tried to switch to pureftp, failed, now it won't let me try again

amusive

Jul 7, 2003
I tried to switch to pureFTP and while the page was running, it timed out and stopped. Now, the page says I have pureFTP installed but I do not. I tried clicking "switch to proftp" thinking I could then re-attempt back to pure, but that doesn't work -- it just keeps insisting pureFTP is installed.

I really want to make the FTP switch over, what should I do? Is there a way to force a pureFTP install?

twotwo4

Registered
Mar 27, 2006
I'm also having this exact problem, although forcing it doesn't seem to fix the problem. When I attempt to use the:

/scripts/ftpup pure-ftpd --force

I notice something that may be causing my problem...

Connecting to diff.cpanel.net|69.72.164.152|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
11:46:40 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Failed to download http://diff.cpanel.net/ftpinstall/pure-ftpd//fedora/5/pure-ftpd-1.0.20-17.tls.i386.rpm .. using source instead

Is the address in the script wrong (or looking for the wrong file), and that's what is throwing everything off?

Pardon my n00bness, I don't have very much experience with this.

Thanks for your time!

celliott

Jan 2, 2006
United Kingdom
Make sure you have WGET enabled. This can often be disabled by security scripts etc like WHM Xtra. It will cause errors whenever a file is being retrieved.

twotwo4

Registered
Mar 27, 2006
WGET is enabled, so it doesn't look like that's the problem. All other packages update and install normally, except for this one.